CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
YORK AREA, PA
Pay rate: $14 - $16
Job Purpose/Objective: The Customer Service Representative serves as the point person for a group of customer accounts, including on-boarding of new customers, entering customer load manifests, providing customer support, and functioning as the liaison between the customer and other internal departments.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the customer's needs and requirements.
o Maintain ongoing communication with customers to ensure up-to-date knowledge and understanding and develop positive relationships.
- Serve as the main point of communication between the customer and Operations.
o Communicate customer parameters and expectations to Operations team.
o Respond to customer requests for tracking, updates, or other information.
o Contact customers/shippers/receivers as appropriate to resolve operational questions or issues.
- Enter customer orders into the TMW transportation system.
- Track customer orders to completion of delivery.
o Work both proactively and reactively to avoid or address any issues impacting service to the customer.
o Track/add any necessary accessorial (i.E., detention, lumper fees, TONU, stop-off fees, etc.).
- Seek opportunities to grow current business with customers.
- Track weekly business volume (orders and revenue) and report to Director of Operations.
o Use weekly tracking to identify and report on trends in customer accounts and opportunities for further growth
- Cross-train on the accounts assigned to other Customer Service Representatives in order to provide coverage for vacations/time off.