LANCASTER AREA, PA
" Install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints or other drawings.
" Supports the achievement of established operating objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Work closely with Project Manager. Contact project manager to determine size of crew needed and pull crew together.
2. Install new or used equipment. Handle ductwork and piping as needed.
3. Make sketches and have parts fabricated.
4. Maintain a thorough knowledge of rigging principles.
5. Set equipment, figure weights and geometry.
6. Identify need for auxiliary steel to move equipment.
7. Replace defective parts or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
8. Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bobs.
9. Assemble and install equipment, using proper tools and materials.
10. Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
11. Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
12. Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
13. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
14. Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
15. Participate in all company training