LANCASTER AREA, PA
- 2nd shift, 230pm - 11pm
- Pay: $13.25, will get a dollar increase at 30, 60, and 90 days
As a General Laborer in the Foundry, you may be assigned to any of the following functions as needed per production and staffing needs:
1. Remove spurs from molds using hands or hammer. Lift product from shaker belt, snap off spurs, or apply downward thrust of product to break off spurs on hard metal base, or use 2~/2 lb. Hammer to remove spur by hammer blow.
2. Sort product by shape and size, discarding imperfects, using hands. Pick up 2 to 4 different size and shape products from shaker belt, and toss into appropriate bin or designated area, using both hands. Visually observe for imperfections and discard into designated area.
3. Shovel sand onto belts. Using standard flat edge shovel, shovel from floor to heights of 46 inches on continuous basis.
4. Shovel sand from pits using flat edge shovel. May also remove bucketsful of sand from work area.
5. Sweep and clean designated areas. Using push broom, sweep dust and debris from assigned areas and discard into waste receptacle.
6. Operate forklift. Upon obtaining certification, operate forklift to transport waste and product.