LANCASTER AREA, PA
" Layout, assemble, install, and maintain utility pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, industrial production and processing systems.
" Supports the achievement of established operating objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Work closely with Project Manager. Contact project manager to determine size of crew needed and pull crew together.
2. Cut, thread and weld pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches and pipe threaders and benders.
3. Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, grooved couplings and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
4. Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as equipment, roof structures or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
5. Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
6. Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
7. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
8. Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the industry.
9. Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
10. Layout full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports and related equipment, following blueprints.
11. Plan pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications.
12. Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
13. Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
14. Modify, clean and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
15. Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
16. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
17. Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
18. Participate in all company training.